We Are Hiring!
Are you looking for a meaningful career with opportunities for growth within our company? We are searching for loving teachers who are knowledgeable about early child growth and development. Our teachers support this pivotal time (infant – preschool) in a child’s life where they begin learning social, emotional, and cognitive skills.
- Ability to pass an FBI background check
- Ability to sit, stand, lift, and walk for extended periods
- A love of children and an understanding of their development
- Willingness to incorporate Christian values into daily lessons
- A positive attitude and ability to work well with others
Benefits of working with us!
- Discounted childcare
- Supplemental Vision and Dental Insurance
- Paid sick and vacation hours/time
- Opportunities for quarterly bonuses/incentives
- Professional Development and growth within our company
Assistant Director- Position Filled
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- At least 5 years experience in childcare
- Maintain DSS compliance
- Create & maintain student files
- Behavioral Developmental Support for Students
- Professional Development support & training for staff
- Be positive, encouraging, and bring happy energy to the children and adults in classroom
- Able to communicate well with coworkers and administration
- Be proactive and aware of problems as they arise in the classroom and solutions on how to solve those problems.
- Communicate with coworkers and make decisions regarding class schedule changes, tasks, goals, and daily activities.
- Ensure Brightwheel is being updated throughout the day and that parents’ messages are being answered in a timely manner
- Communicate with Supervisors/ Assistant Director/ Director if help is needed in finding a solution to problems
Classroom Leadership Duties
- Ensure that lesson plans are being created, turned in to the Curriculum
- Maintain a clean and organized classroom, delegating tasks as needed.
- Ensure DSS regulations below are being followed by reminding coteachers/ delegating tasks/ conducting knowledge checks.
- Ensure PLA policies are being upheld
- Train new employees (classroom teachers and floaters)
- Employ a variety of educational techniques (storytelling, educational play, media etc.) to teach children
- Observe each child to help them improve their social competencies and build self-esteem
- Encourage children to interact with each other and resolve occasional arguments
- Guide children to develop their artistic and practical capabilities through a carefully constructed curriculum (identify shapes, numbers or colors, do crafts etc.)
- Organize nap and snack hours and supervise children to ensure they are safe at all times
- Track children’s progress and report to parents
- Communicate with parents regularly to understand the children’s background and psyche
- Collaborate with other educators
- Maintain a clean and tidy classroom consistent with health and safety standards
- Excellent understanding of the principles of child development and preschool educational methods
- Familiarity with safety and sanitation guidelines for classrooms
- Excellent communication and instructional skills
- Ability to act as a mediator between children
- Cool-tempered, friendly and reliable
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY
Palmetto Learning Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment
activities will be conducted in a manner to assure equal opportunity for all and will
be based solely on the individual merit and fitness of applicants, candidates, and/or
employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, age, national
origin, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or disability. Employees hired for positions
where the primary responsibility is direct childcare must be eighteen (18) years of
age and they must have a valid high school diploma or GED